All About NEET Difficulty Level 2023, Exam Pattern And Deciding Factors
The NTA is a governing agency that conducts the NEET exam in pen and paper mode. It is one of the most demanding exams conducted in the country and this, when combined with the level of competition, increases the difficulty even more. Thus to sail through the exam it is important for the candidates to get familiar with the level of difficulty of the exam. Knowing the difficulty level of the exam is important to plan your preparation accordingly.
NEET is the sole exam conducted in the country that provides admission for various courses like MBBS, BDS, B.VSc, BSc nursing, and AYUSH courses. Students targeting the NEET 2023 exam are wondering whether the NEET difficulty level 2023 will be increased. The duration of the NEET question paper has been increased by 20 minutes.
Will the NEET 2023 exam be easy? Will the NEET difficulty level 2023 be more than last year? Such questions are surrounding the internet. So, let’s put a full stop to these questions and find out about the NEET difficulty level 2023.
NEET 2023 exam pattern
Students preparing for the NEET 2023 exam should be familiar with the NEET exam pattern. The exam pattern includes the modes and language of the exam, the type and number of questions asked, and the marking scheme.
Mode of exam: The NEET exam is conducted offline in pen and paper mode.
Exam duration: The duration of the NEET 2023 exam has been increased by 20 minutes, that is the exam will be conducted for 3 hours and 20 minutes.
Language of the exam: The NEET 2023 exam will be conducted in 13 languages. This will include English, Hindi, and 11 regional languages.
Types and number of questions: The NEET question paper comprises 200 multiple choice questions and the students have to attempt 180 out of them.
Total marks: The NEET questions paper is of 720 marks.
NEET 2023 marking scheme: Each correct answer is awarded 4 marks and one mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
Deciding factors of NEET Difficulty Level 2023
The factors affecting the NEETdifficulty level 2023 can be many like the number of registrations, changes in the paper pattern, etc. some of the factors responsible for the difficulty of the NEET 2023 are mentioned below:
1. Modification in the duration of the NEET 2023 exam
This is one of the major reasons that might impact the level of difficulty of the NEET 2023 exam. The candidates will now be given extra 20 minutes to attempt the NEET question paper. That is the NEET 2023 exam will be conducted for a duration of 3 hours and 20 minutes.
Also Read: Best Online Coaching Institute For NEET
2. An increase in the number of registrations for the NEET 2023 exam
Around 18 lakh students registered for the NEET 2022 exam. With an increase in the number of registrations, the NEET Difficulty Level 2023 is expected to be high.
NEET Difficulty Level 2023
The level of the NEET exam changes every year and cannot be predicted in advance. The NEET aspirants are often surrounded by the misconception that the difficulty level of the NEET exam increases every year. But such is not the case, the level of the NEET exam may be easy or more difficult than NEET 2022 and the preceding years.
If you too are concerned with such thoughts then don’t be because you should be focusing more on the preparation rather than such issues.
NEET Difficulty Level 2022
When asked to the students, the conclusion was reached that the level of difficulty of the NEET 2022 exam was the same for all the sections. It was a bit more challenging than the previous one.
NEET 2022 physics paper analysis
Difficulty Level-Easy to Moderate
1. The NEET 2022 exam paper was dominated by 60% numerical-based questions. This percentage is less compared to the NEET 2021 question paper.
2. A question based on the photoelectric effect had complicated language wherein stopping potential values were interchanged.
3. More tricky questions were asked from the chapter on Oscillations.
4. The questions in the Physics section were mainly from the NCERTs and nothing was asked beyond that.
5. Section B comprised of more tricky questions
6. Section A and Section B included one matrix-match type question that demanded more time to solve.
7. Unlike last year, the paper was not lengthy and could be easily completed on time.
NEET 2022 Chemistry paper analysis
Difficulty Level-Easy to Moderate
1. Most questions were asked from NCERT facts, tables, and statements.
2. The statements were directly duped from the NCERT book and no changes were made.
3. Assertion reason type questions were asked in section A that demands more focus and clarity of concepts to solve.
4. Unlike the Physics section the chemistry section included more theory-based questions and only 11 numerical questions were asked.
5. There was a typing error in one question that led to the no match for the correct answer.
NEET 2022 Biology paper analysis
Difficulty Level-Easy to Moderate
1. The NEET 2022 Biology section included questions that were difficult and tricky.
2. Questions were asked from the NCERT books only.
3. The statements were directly duped from the NCERT books only and no changes were made.
4. The majority of questions were factual-based and few were concept-based questions.
5. Two questions from Living World and Anatomy of flowering plants were incorrect.
6. The NEET 2022 Biology question paper was lengthy as many questions were long statement based which made it time-consuming.
NEET 2022 Zoology paper analysis
1. The NEET 2022 Zoology paper was lengthy
2. The questions asked were tricky and twisted which looked easy at the first glance but demanded full focus and precision.
3. The questions asked from Biomolecules and Biotechnology and its Applications were beyond the NCERT level.
4. Majority of questions were asked from the NCERT books.
5. 8 questions were based on Biotechnology
6. The majority of the NEET 2022 Zoology section comprised of questions asked from the NCERTs but some questions were interlinked and required a deep understanding of concepts.
How do I score 550+ in the NEET 2023? Which chapters should I do?
The given tips will help you score 550+ in the NEET 2023 exam:
1. Prepare a proper study plan
2. Get acquainted with the syllabus
3. Do not skip NCERTs
4. prepare notes
Could you just advise us of NEET 2024 aspirants for getting selection in the 1st attempt?
With full focus and tremendous hard work, you can excel in the NEET 2024 exam.
What is the best way to prepare for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for biology?
Here are the best ways to prepare for NEET Biology
Focus more on the high weightage of important topics
Do not skip NCERTs
Take mock test series
Keep following EtoosIndia NEET Articles for the latest updates.