NEET Counselling 2020 Schedule - Registration Date, Fees, Procure, Documents Required
The NTA directed medical admission exam will be conducted on 3rd May 2020. Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will hold counseling for the seat allotment under the 15% All India Quota to the successful candidates. The counseling will be done in 2 rounds. However, 85% seats will be allotted by state authorities in separate State level counseling of the respective states.
The time-table for NEET 2020 Counseling for AIQ seats are mentioned below:
|FIRST ROUND OF COUNSELING|
|Registration and Payment||June 19 – 26, 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Fee Payment Facility||June 26, 2020 (7:00 PM)|
|Choice Filling and Seat Locking||June 26 (4:00 PM) – June 27 (11:00 AM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||June 27 – 30, 2020|
|First Counseling Result||July 1, 2020|
|Reporting to colleges||July 1 – 6, 2020|
|SECOND ROUND OF COUNSELING|
|Registration and Payment||July 11 – 13, 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Fee Payment Facility||July 13, 2020 (12 Noon)|
|Choice Filling and Seat Locking||July 12, 2020 (10:00 AM – 5:00 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||July 13 – 15, 2020|
|Second Counseling Result||July 18, 2020|
|Reporting to colleges||July 18 – 25, 2020|
|MOP-UP ROUND FOR CENTRAL/DEEMED UNIVERSITY/ ESIC ONLY|
|Registration and Payment||August 13 – 15, 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Fee Payment Facility||August 16, 2020 (2:00 PM)|
|Choice Filling and Seat Locking||August 16, 2020 (10:00 AM – 5:00 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||August 17, 2020|
|Second Counseling Result||August 18, 2020|
|Reporting to colleges||August 20 – 26, 2020|
* All the dates mentioned above are tentative and subject to change. Stay updated with the latest changes in examination pattern, important dates, syllabus, and prepare with the video lectures of brilliant NEET faculties.
Counselling Fess for NEET 2020
|Category||Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)||Tuition Fee (Refundable)|
|-||15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Deemed Universities||15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Deemed Universities|
|UR||INR 1,000||INR 5,000||INR 10,000||INR 2,00,000|
|SC/ST/OBC/PwD||INR 500||INR 5,000||INR 5,000||INR 2,00,000|
|Note: The fee can be paid through an online medium - Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.|
List of Important Documents Required for Couselling
Here the list of Important Documents will be required during the NEED couselling.
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Result/Rank Letter
- Class X Certificate and Marksheet
- Class XII Certificate and Marksheet
- 8 passport sized photographs (Same as the one affixed on the application form)
- NEET Seat Allotment letter
- Proof of Identity (Aadhar card/PAN card/Passport/ Driving License)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
1. Ques. When will be the result of NEET 2020 declared?
Ans. The result for NEET 2020 to be held on 3rd May will be declared on the result will be declared on 4th June 2020.
2. Ques. I took NEET in 2016, can I get admission in medical/ dental college in 2020-21 on the basis of NEET 2016 scores?
Ans. No. It is not a legitimate score for admission into any medical course in 2020-21 session. Admission in MBBS/ BDS for the 2020-21 session will be based only on the scores a candidate obtains in NEET 2020.
3. Ques. How the states prepare their merit list?
Ans. States prepare merit list on the basis of All India Ranks. The category of the candidates is also considered in whole process. Check out the complete NEET counseling process.
4. Ques. Is there a different requirement of minimum marks for different categories? What are the minimum marks required?
Ans. Yes, there are different qualifying marks criteria for various categories in the NEET exam. The general category should obtain minimum 50% marks to pass the NEET exam. While general-PH needs to obtain 45% and for reserved categories the threshold is 40%.
5. Ques. When will the merit list be declared?
Ans. Merit list will be out following the announcement of NEET Result, i.e. after 4th June 2020.
6. Ques. What is the NEET scorecard look like?
Ans. A scorecard mentions the name and roll number of the student, Application Number, other personal details like nationality, applicant’s Date of Birth, gender, mother and father’s name, category, along with Total Marks obtained, percentile, AIR and NEET cut-off score, and the qualifying status.
7. Ques. For whom is the merit list prepared?
Ans. The merit list is prepared for the candidates who have selected for 15% All India Quota Seats while filling the NEET 2019 Application form. Based on their rank, candidates are called for counseling.
8. Ques. What is meant by cut-off marks?
Ans. The cut-off sets bar to qualify NEET. It is the minimum marks obtained by any candidate which is essential to score in the examination.
9. Ques. How cut-off for NEET decided?
Ans. The total no. of students appeared for the exam, the difficulty level, and the total no. of seats decides NEET cut-off.
10. Ques. When will the cut-off release for NEET 2020?
Ans. NEET cut off will be released in June 2020.
11. Ques. Can I exit/ resign/ leave the seat allotted in round 2 of Counseling after joining, to join State Quota/ Private College seat?
Ans. If a student joins some college on the seat allotted from 15% All India Quota, as per direction by Hon’ble supreme court in WP(C) (267/2017) dated 09/05/2017 the candidate is not allowed to resign from it.: Once you join the second round seat you will not be allowed to vacate from the allotted 2nd round seat as per direction by Hon’ble supreme court in WP(C) (267/2017) dated 09/05/2017.However, if you are allotted a seat in 2nd Round in AIQ/ Deemed you can Exit with fine of security amount.