NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2021, Exam Date, Syllabus and Pattern
What is NTSE?
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) conducts the NTSE or National Talent Search Examination it is a national level exam. The aim behind the conduct of this exam is to grant scholarships to the deserving candidates studying in class 10th. The exam is conducted at two levels, stage 1 and stage 2; it is centred only on the class 10 students.
The Indian states and the UTs conduct the first level; the first paper is organized at the state level. Only those students who are able to clear the first stage can appear for the second stage. The main objective is to grant scholarships to capable students who are willing to pursue their career in science and social studies.
NTSE Important Dates 2021
You need to be aware of all the dates related to the exam, you are preparing for. If you are searching for the important dates of the NTSE exam then here we have the table containing all the info. The states will soon be releasing the NTSE 2021 Exam Dates.
|Important Events||NTSE 2021 Dates (Tentative)|
|NTSE 2021 Application Form Starts||October 2020|
|NTSE Application Form Last Day||Varies from state to state|
|Admit Card Download for NTSE 2021 for stage 1||1st week of December 2020|
|NTSE 2021 Date for Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Andaman and Nicobar Islands (stage 1)||December 12, 2020|
|NTSE 2021 Exam Date for all other states/Union territories||December 13, 2020|
|NTSE 2021 Result date (stage 1)||1st week of March 2021|
|NTSE 2021 Admit card release (stage 2)||1st week of April 2021|
|NTSE 2021 exam date (stage 2)||June 13, 2021|
|Results for NTSE 2021 date (stage 2)||To be Announced|
- Download NTSE Previous Year Question Paper in Pdf
- NTSE Sample Question Paper Pdf Download
- NTSE Online Courses Detail
NTSE Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021
In order to appear for the exam, the NTSE has given certain age criteria. The candidate willing to seat for the paper should be below the age of 18 years (as of July 1, 2020).
NTSE 2021 Eligibility for Stage 1
Due to the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the state government has not given any update in context with the registration and date of the examination. The students who are pursuing their studies in India can enrol for the exam considering the eligibility criteria: the eligibility criteria for the students appearing for the stage 1 examination are as follows:
- The student should be of class 10 from any Government/ Private schools in India
- The candidate can be from any State/Union Territory of India, no domicile restriction can be imposed
- If the student is studying via open or distance learning can also appear for the paper. But the student should be below 18 years of age, not employed, and should be appearing for the class 10 exam for the first time.
2021 NTSE Eligibility for Stage 2 (National level examination)
Only those should who have cleared the stage one paper will be allowed to appear for the Stage 2 paper. The selected students will be conveyed the roll number, venue, date of examination details by the NCERT via the official website(https://ncert.nic.in/).
NTSE Application Form 2021
The State/UT Liaison officer can be contacted for procuring the NTSE application form. The student should get the completed application form signed by the principal well in advance before the last date. States have different dates for the submission of exam form. The students can get the information regarding the dates from the Liaison Officer of their state. To know the address and contact number of the Liaison Officer of the States/UTs the student can visit the NCERT’s website.
How to fill Online NTSE Application Form 2021?
The students who are eligible as per the criteria of the NCERT can fill the application form online. The students will have to upload the document attested by their Principal in order to complete online NTSE registration 2020-21. The students can follow the given steps to fill the NTSE application form.
- Firstly, the student will have to visit the respective state/UTs
- On the home page, click on the NTSE section, after that click on the NTSE 2020-21 application forms.
- The student will have to fill in the columns with accurate data, such as student name, date of birth, gender, caste, mobile number, academic details, family income, and more
- Further, the student will be asked to upload document e.g. scanned photograph, signature
- If the application fee is applicable then the student will have to pay the fee via online mode
After the documents are uploaded and the data is entered the student will have to submit the filled-in NTSE application form to the school.
- The principal of the school, will review the application form and then send it to the State Liaison Officer
- Foundation Physics for Class 9th and 10th by VJ Sir
- NTSE Course of Physics for 10th class by VO Sir
- Olympiad course of Biology for class 9th by MB Mam
- Olympiad course of Biology for class 10th by MB Mam
- NTSE Course of Physics for 9th & 10th class by VO Sir
- NTSE Course of Physics for 9th class by VO Sir
NTSE Exam Pattern 2021
- Both stage one and stage two NTSE exams are divided into two parts namely SAT & MAT.
- Both SAT & MAT sections will consist of 100 questions each (Science-40, Maths-20, Social science-40).
|Papers||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|SAT (Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences)||100||100||120 Min.|
NTSE Exam Marking Scheme 2021
- For stage one there is no negative marking. 1 mark will be allotted for every correct answer
- One mark will be awarded for every correct answer, for a wrong answer one-third of the marks will be deducted. There is no negative marking for the question left unattempted.
NTSE Exam Qualifying Marks 2021 - (NTSE Reservation)
- for General category students, 40% of marks in each paper are mandatory
- for SC, ST & PH category students 32% of marks in each paper are mandatory
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Person with Disability||3%|
get updated with the NTSE Syllabus 2021 and start your preparation.